Senior Land Agent/ Project Manager – Calgary, AB
Synergy Land Services Ltd. (Synergy) is pleased to offer an opportunity to join our busy team as a senior land agent/project manager, in our Calgary office.
Synergy is dedicated to providing high-quality land and right-of-way services for projects ranging from large-scale pipeline, power transmission, transportation/infrastructure, telecommunications, upstream oil and gas, renewables, and mineral acquisition.
Job Responsibilities – Senior Land Agent
- negotiating and acquiring land-use agreements with landowners, occupants, stakeholders
- conducting site reviews and assessments
- communicating and delivering project information to stakeholders
- understanding, responding to and anticipating client concerns, needs and requests, and maintaining commitments
- mentoring and supervising land agent team members
- collaborating with others to formulate creative solutions for landowner problems, concerns and issues
- liaison between clients and stakeholders; communicating issues and concerns
- thorough documentation of all activities
Job Responsibilities – Project Manager
- developing and implementing project plan(s)
- leading a project team and coordinating project plan(s)
- attending client meetings and assisting with determination of project requirements
- managing project deliverables in line with project plan(s)
- monitoring project progress and performance and providing updates to clients and division manager
- recording and managing project issues and escalating where necessary
- submitting final packages to clients
- reviewing project invoices
- assisting the division manager with preparing RFP’s and project proposals
- preparation of project organization and communication charts
Job Responsibilities – Inclusive to both Roles
- strictly adhering to all Synergy policies and procedures
- participating in and strictly adhering to Synergy HSE policies and procedures
- staying current on relevant local affairs/news
- performing other duties as required
- 10+ years’ industry-related experience
- post-secondary education and/or diploma from accredited land program
- previous project management experience
- valid land agent license (Alberta)
- valid Class 5 driver’s license
- valid Standard First Aid
- valid WHMIS training
- reliable vehicle for travel to and from stakeholder meetings
- valid Commissioner for Oaths
- high level of integrity working with confidential documents and information
- in-depth knowledge and understanding of Canadian/provincial regulatory processes and of land systems
- ability to thrive in a fast-paced, challenging work environment
- excellent problem solving and negotiation skills
- exceptional written and verbal communication
- committed team player with the ability to work independently
- adherence to the highest ethical and professional standards
- acute attention to detail
- proficiency in MS Office
- willingness to be flexible and adaptable to changing priorities
- exceptional multi-tasking, organizational skills and interpersonal skills
- credibility as a respected and approachable leader
- ability to foster an environment of learning, growth and team work
If you are looking for an opportunity to refine your professional skills and grow your career in the land industry, Synergy is the place for you.
Synergy is an equal opportunity employer. Only qualified candidates will be considered.
Submit resumes to the attention of Human Resources via email: email@example.com.
Please refer to Job Posting code MAY2023SRLAAGPM-CAL. Posting closes June 12, 2023.
Please view our website, www.synergyland.ca, for additional information in regards to services we provide.