Payroll and Accounting Manager – Calgary, AB
Synergy Land Services Ltd. (Synergy) is pleased to offer an opportunity to join our busy team in the position of Payroll and Accounting Manager in our Calgary office.
Synergy is dedicated to providing high-quality land and right-of-way services for projects ranging from large-scale pipelines, power transmission, transportation/infrastructure, telecommunications, upstream oil and gas, renewables, and mineral acquisition.
- reviewing and verifying time sheets, noting abnormal payroll activities
- entering vacation, flex and compensation rates in company database
- processing semi-monthly payroll and electronic deposits to all staff
- verifying and processing staff expenses
- processing and submitting RRSP contributions
- verifying contractor invoices against time sheets, and processing same
- calculating source deductions, ensuring compliance with payment schedules
- preparing and issuing T4s and T4 summaries
- preparing ROEs and submitting online
- processing and submitting monthly GST and corporate tax payments
- staying current on federal, provincial and local financial requirements and legislation
- reviewing, coding, entering receivables and payables
- processing weekly and ad hoc cheque runs
- preparing and distributing invoices
- reconciling bank accounts, monthly
- analyzing financial reports
- preparing financial and other company reports on a weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual basis
- preparing year-end reports for external accountant
- filing regularly (hard copy and electronic)
- staying current on relevant local affairs/news
- performing other duties as required
- five to seven years’ payroll/bookkeeping/accounting experience
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance or related field (preferred) or diploma in accounting from an accredited institution
- Certificate from Canadian Payroll Association
- strong proficiency in MS Office, expertise in Excel
- strong proficiency with QuickBooks
- land industry knowledge an asset
- high level of integrity working with confidential documents and information
- strong organizational skills, ability to prioritize and meet deadlines
- strong team player
- exceptional written and verbal communication and ability to communicate information in both technical and laymen’s terms
- self-motivated and able to thrive in a fast-paced, challenging work environment
- adherence to the highest ethical and professional standards
- keen attention to detail
If you are looking for an opportunity to be a part of a fast paced, growing, professional organization, Synergy is the place for you.
Synergy is an equal opportunity employer. Only qualified candidates will be considered.
When applying, please refer to Job Posting MAY2023ACCPAYMAN. Submit resumes to the attention of Human Resources via email: email@example.com.
Posting closes May 31, 2023.
Please view our website, www.synergyland.ca, for additional information in regards to services we provide.